- Class 1 Surface Samples confirm high-grade mineralization
- Assays validate historic Nickel-Copper-Cobalt-Platinum-Palladium
Toronto, Ontario (October 12, 2021) – Class 1 Nickel and Technologies Ltd. (CSE: NICO/OTCQB: NICLF) (“Class 1 Nickel” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that the Company has confirmed the existence of high-grade mineralization from surface samples at the Somanike Project in La Motte Quebec.
David Fitch, President of Class 1 Nickel indicated that: “We engaged ABG Exploration to take samples of previously blasted rocks from around the Somanike and Bilson-Cubric high-grade historical resource and the PGE occurrences to the east. The results confirm the rock types and the high-grade nature of the magmatic sulphide mineralization”.
Alexandr Beloborodov, P.Geo. an independent consultant, recently completed a due diligence site visit at the Somanike Project with the purpose of confirming the Ni-Cu-PGE mineralization around the historic Marbridge mine area, the Ataman nickel zone and the Bilson-Cubric showing. A total of 10 samples were collected over a two-day period on the Project. These samples were submitted to ALS Canada Ltd. laboratories in Val-d’Or. Grab samples were sourced from surface showings at Ataman, Marbridge and Bilson-Cubric outcrops.
Initial Site Visit Highlights:
- Grab samples taken from old mineralized Somanike (Bilson-Cubric, Ataman and Marbridge projects) confirm the high-grade nickel and platinum group elements (PGEs) abundances and tenor of these deposits
- Re-sampled surface samples confirm the high nickel and high PGE contents of the multiple Somanike showings
- Re-sampling of old Bilson-Cubric showing also confirmed the reproducibility of nickel (Ni), copper (Cu) and PGE mineralization from historical work
Table 1: Somanike Grab Samples Results
|E6704911||Cubric||Iron formation in Gabbro||8% pyrrhotite, 8% chalcopyrite||0.037||0.188||0.17||0.656|
|E6704912||Cubric||Iron formation in Gabbro||semi massive 10% pyrrhotite, 10%chalcopyrite||0.153||0.384||0.39||3.78|
|E6704917||Mine 2 fence||Gossan||15% pyrite, green and purple alteration in basalt||2.02||2.15||0.012||2.98|
|E6704918||Mine 2 fence||Gossan||5% pyrite, green and purple alteration in basalt||1.045||1.245||0.012||0.577|
|E6704919||Mine 1 closest to shaft||Ultramafic, magnetic||None||0.006||0.011||0.01||0.226|
|E6704920||Mine 1 fence||Gossan||12% pyrrhotite, 3% chalcopyrite||0.2||0.379||0.08||1.845|
|E6704921||Mine 1 fence||Gossan||6% pyrrhotite, 2% chalcopyrite||0.258||0.445||0.20||2.05|
|E6704923||Ataman west, Alex showing||Gossan||1% pyrite||<0.005||0.001||0.006||0.011|
|E6704924||Ataman central blast||Gossan, silicified basalt||2% pyrite||<0.005||0.011||0.006||0.008|
|E6704925||Ataman central||Gossan, silicified basalt||2% pyrite||<0.005||0.004||0.019||0.033|
Figure 1: Somanike Project